A previously restored heritage property, The Chambers is one of Ottawa’s most prestigious corporate settings. It combines a 14-storey office tower with three historically significant heritage buildings. The Bell Block, dating back to 1867, is the oldest building facing Confederation Square and now serves as The Chambers’ central rotunda and entrance. Originally constructed in 1890 as one the largest commercial undertakings of its age, it was home to the Senate of Canada and served as the headquarters for The National Capital Commission.
Status Built 1890, Sold 2011
Address 40-46 Elgin Street
Location Downtown Core, Ottawa
Type Office, Retail
Property Size 211,110 square feet
Key Tenants National Capital Commission, Shaw Communications, Senate of Canada
1990, National Historic Site of Canada